By default, your account is public, but at any time you can learn how to set Instagram account to private in 2022.
If you make your account private, only approved followers will be able to see your posts, stories, photos, and videos on the places and hashtag pages.
Also, only approved subscribers will see a list with your followers and following.
How to set Instagram account to private
- Go to your profile in the lower right corner.
- Expand the menu in the upper right corner (android or iPhone).
- Go to “Settings” at the bottom.
- Touch “Privacy” .
- Activate “Private account” .
- Touch “Switch to Private”.
- You can view follow requests in the “Activity” section (you can approve or ignore them);
- When entering a private account, the user sees the number of posts/followers/following, profile picture and contact information;
- If someone reads you, learn how to report an Instagram profile.
How to see a private Instagram account?
Only subscribers can view photos and videos of users who have a private Instagram account. You can’t find them by hashtags either.
That is, if you are not approved, then you will not get access to the profile.
Alternatively, create a fake account and try to befriend the user. Or find it on other social networks.
How to set Instagram account to private from a computer?
Very simple, follow the instructions:
- Open your profile in the upper right corner.
- Click on the “Edit profile” button.
- Go to the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Check the box “Private account”.
- If you are being stalked, you can learn how to block a user on Instagram.
How to make a private account public again?
To make an account public, in the settings near the “Private account” item, drag the slider to the left.
How to set Instagram business account to private?
A professional account cannot be private. As a result of the application, you can switch back to a personal account and make it private.